In Germany, citizens are more and more citizens form initiatives to take the issue of environment friendly energy supply into their own hands – whether by initiative of the community or by individual citizens.
These initiatives spawn projects, from which not only the environment, but also many others benefit:
- The citizens involved become more independent from the power market and the major suppliers. Moreover, with just a small amount of money they have the opportunity to secure a share in a large-scale project with the potential to generate large revenues.
- Local authorities promote the local economy and, if organised right, generate additional trade tax income. As a by-product they contribute to a well received and perceived climate protection strategy.
With its experience, SYBAC Solar helps local authorities and private initiatives turn a community’s vision of alternative energy into a well functioning power plant in unity with excellent technical and economic perspectives.
A particularly interesting model: energy cooperatives
An energy cooperative is the best way to get a citizens’ solar project on its way. A solution with many benefits:
- Easiest way to get started: A very low minimum investment lets almost anyone participate without the need for a notary.
- Genuine democratic setting: Every member of the cooperative has equal voting rights, regardless of the size of their share.
- Wide base: Individuals, companies and local authorities can become members of an energy cooperative.
- Manageable risk: The liability of the cooperative is limited to the assets of the cooperative – members are therefore only liable to the extent of their share of capital investement.
- Cost-efficient structure: Start-up costs are just €2,500 to €5,000. With this legal form the cooperative is exempt from the requirement to publish a prospectus and saves these costs.
We can help interested communities and organisations set up a cooperative. Our specialists can arrange a visit and explain the options as part of an information evening for citizens.